Monday, December 8, 2008

Motivations for Heart Healthy Living

The beautiful red head in the picture is my daughter, Heather, standing next to her husband, Tim. In February of next year she is due to deliver ourfirst grandchild. They know she is carrying a little girl who will be named Savannah. Knowing that she is on the way is a real motivator to me to make good lifestyle choices.  I have found that the further I am removed from my surgery the more I need to be motivated to eat right and exercise. I have also found that my yet unborn granddaughter, Savannah, is proving to be a great incentive to live heart healthy. I want to be around to spoil her. I want to be around to hear her call me grandaddy, and I want to be around long enough for her to remember me for the rest of her life.  I am truly a blessed person with so much to live for. Having a loving supportive family, I am convinced, is on of the main reasons why I am doing so well today.  I love my family and appreciate so much what they have done to help see me through a really tough time. 

No comments: