Thursday, November 12, 2009

My Struggles

Everyone has struggles. That is an undeniable reality of life, and after my bypass surgery several personal struggles came into clear focus. I have come to realize that I will have to deal with depression perhaps for the rest of my life. Right now I feel great, but for me it seems to linger in the background. The reason why I started this blog was because I had faced real depression after surgery and found little in the way of help, especially in the early days. I also struggle with my diet. One reason why I needed bypass surgery is that I loved the classic Southern diet. Just think of Paula Dean. I still love that kind of food. I know my diet has improved, but I am not where I would like to be. There are other struggles in my life that relate to my bypass surgery. More to come.

No comments: