Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Three Years to the Day

My wife and I were watching some TV and she looked over at me and asked me if I knew what today was. I looked at he funny and told her it was Tuesday. She smiled and said,  "It's May the 13th. It's been exactly three years." I couldn't believe it. Not that three years had passed since my bypass, but that I didn't think about it one time today until she reminded me.  I remember when I thought about it all the time, but now things are different. I am back to a new normal. In a sense nothing will ever be the same, because as my wife also said, "You were given a second chance at life."  I know a lot of folks think that someone who survives bypass surgery wakes up from surgery with a realization of this second chance. I guess some do, but to be honest, it has taken me a while to get to that point. Today has been a good day. Three years down and a bunch more to go!

No comments: