Tuesday, October 21, 2008

He Wore Five Out.

"He wore five of them things out." That was the response to my question. I was talking to a retired butcher about his family. In the course of the conversation he mentiontioned his brother and the two heart attacks he had had. The first one hit when he was in his forties, back in 1988. He had bypass surgery. Just a year or so later he had the second heart attack. I then asked my friend, "When did your brother die?" He answered back, "Why he's not dead. He's going strong." I then asked him how his brother was finally doing so well. That's when he said, "He wore five of them things out." I said five what. "Treadmills," he said. It seems his brother decided to get serious,I mean real serious, about exersize after the second heart attack. I told my wife the story and she had the nerve to ask me when I was going to get serious. Could exersize be that important?

No comments: