Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Holiday Heart Attacks

Researchers have long noted a correlation between an increase in cardiac events and the Holiday season. There are many theories offered. In fact, there is an excellent article that you can find here. I found it quiet interesting that one of the main reasons for the spike is that we tend to put things off during the Holidays. Just last year I had total knee replacement surgery on December 30. It basically ruined much of the Holidays. It was the first time that we did not put up a Christmas tree. I made the decision for financial reasons. My deductible was met, but I can easily see myself putting off a nagging feeling of discomfort in my chest or some other warning sign. Is holding out for Christmas worth that being the last Christmas you will ever see.

1 comment:

Adnan Rehan said...

Awesome article. I am glad. If you require any information about Coronary Bypass, then this is the website to visit http://www.india4health.com/CoronaryBypass.html

Cheers!