Thursday, July 19, 2012

A Never Ending Struggle

I know it has been months since I have posted, but over the last few weeks I have been reminded that bypass surgery is not really a cure. Right now I am battling persistent high blood pressure. I have already had my meds changed once, but within about a month the number are sky high again. I am trying to get another appointment with my cardiologist. I remember something she said the last time I saw her. "Richard we will get your numbers down." I believe her, but that can only happen if I don't neglect my health. For the rest of my life, however long that is, I have to be vigilant. You also have to be vigilant. If you are having symptoms whatever you do don't ignore them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very informative article. Thanks for sharing the journey and the experience with fellow readers. Patients who have a coronary artery bypass surgery need regular monitoring from a physician. Among the changes in monitoring are five years after the surgery the addition of a regular cardiac stress test even when there is no change in the patient's status. Patient usually go on to live normal and healthy lives. Source : Coronary bypass

bobbie said...

Thank you for your blog. Reading through it is helping me with my journey from the never ending questions coming from emotional recovery to the anxiousness of getting back to normal. I've got a long way to go since I'm still in the early phase of my bypass journey, 3 weeks post op. I hope you've controlled your blood pressure by now and doing well and enjoying the grandkids. Thank you.