Saturday, November 8, 2008

Happy 50th Birthday to Me!

I guess I shouldn't wish myself a happy birthday, but after all that I have been through I am going to do it anyway. You see, I wasn't satisfied with quadruple bypass surgery. I have also had major neck surgery, shoulder surgery, and a right total knee replacement. My goal for my 50th year is a year without a surgery. I think that is a pretty modest goal. I will keep you posted. In all seriousness, I am so glad that I can look back on my many travails and laugh. Not because surgery is funny, but because laughing just feels good and I think it is really good for you too. I have a good friend who has fought breast cancer twice and she credits the ability to laugh in the face of the disease with her ability to beat it. I think she might have something.  Wow, I actually made it through my forties.

No comments: